This whole year we have had book chat. We had to choose a book to read and then we had three weeks to read it. At the end of the three weeks we shared what we thought about the book. My favourite book this whole year was definitely ‘Crossover’ by Kwame Alexander. It was my favourite book because it was all about basketball and I love basketball. I also liked it because there was lots of poetry and the structure of the book was really easy and fun to read.

Crossover is about two twin brothers, Josh and Jordan who were about 14 who are really good at basketball and their Dad got an offer from the Los Angeles Lakers but he didn’t take it and they wonder why. One of the brothers gets a girlfriend and he starts to stop playing basketball. After a while Josh gets really mad at Jordan so in their game Josh throws a ball really hard at his brother so he gets injured and so his mum and dad ground him and banned him from basketball. 

The genre of the book is probably Sport and/or Family and Friends. Overall Crossover By Kwame Alexander is a great book that I recommend for everyone who likes Basketball or sports in general and is in year 4 and up.

What is your favourite sport?